Job Title: Guest Relations Specialist
Reports To: Guest Relations Manager
Location: Beverly, Massachusetts
We are looking for a talented Guest Relations Specialist that thrives in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in supporting our inside sales team and our customer base. The ideal candidate must be comfortable making and receiving dozens of calls per day, working as part of a team, responding to customer service inquiries and meeting deadlines. The majority of this position will be servicing inbound calls from customers who need assistance with existing reservations. This is a great opportunity for someone with customer service experience who would like to enter or further their career in the travel industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take phone calls from direct customers and outside agencies both prior to and during travel to resolve any outstanding travel-related issues.
- Make outbound calls to alert passengers to schedule and reservation changes.
- Manage changes to itineraries – working with vendors and suppliers as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring shared inboxes, responding to customer inquiries via our website & email.
- Monitor and quality check reservations, logging any and all discrepancies and alerting management.
- Work as member of our Customer Care Team resolving customer issues and complaints post-travel.
- Work with suppliers to confirm rooms above allotment and special requests.
- Responsible for issuing tickets; including exchanges, refunds and schedule changes as needed.
- Process documents, including invoices and other communications to our customers and suppliers.
- Accurately manage all hotel inventory stop sales and reporting.
- Process all inquiries and provide troubleshooting with regards to inventory for internal call center.
- Research alternative accommodations impacted by schedule changes and passenger requests.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Prior travel industry experience helpful but not required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Focus on accuracy and quality.
- Generous PTO package
- 401k and health benefits
- Familiarization trips (Get paid to experience our holidays!)
For immediate consideration of any position with YLG, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Yankee Leisure Group, Inc. | ATTN: Human Resources
500 Cummings Center, Suite 3100 | Beverly, MA 01915
Main: 978-922-0418 | Fax: 978-922-4819 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer.