Job title: Human Resources Generalist
Reports to: V.P. Finance and HR
Location: Laguna Hills, California
The Human Resources Generalist will handle an array of duties under the HR umbrella. Such tasks will include but not be limited to the maintenance of employee health benefits, onboarding and offboarding of staff, employee relations regarding various on the job matters, year-end performance appraisal, and probationary evaluation process, recruitment, service awards, and recognition. This person will work with all of YLG’s various management to assist them with any staff related needs within their respective departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with an insurance broker to administer all employee health benefit plans.
- Assist all departments with talent acquisition and recruiting new staff.
- Manage the new hire onboarding process.
- Assist with offboarding staff no longer with the company.
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
- Assist in the development and implementation of human resource policies.
- Administer and assist with the management of the annual performance appraisal process.
- Work with departmental management on the probationary review process for new hires.
- Maintain employee files and records in both electronic and paper form.
- Resolve employee satisfaction issues promptly with assistance from the V.P. Finance and HR.
- Assist with employee events such as annual holiday party, kick-off function, annual summer picnic/event, and quarterly employee gatherings (when possible).
- Administer and manage the employee service award program, recognizing anniversaries and birthdays on a monthly basis, as well as assisting in procuring service awards.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices. Responsible for OSHA reporting. Manages all LOAs including Workers Compensation claims, Disability, and Family Leave. Responsible for responding and following through with all unemployment claims.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- BS/BA degree in Business Admin/HR.
- HR certification (or working towards) preferred.
- 3-5 years of work experience in the human resources field.
- Strong written and oral communication abilities.
- People-oriented and results-driven.
- Ability to work with staff from all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Working knowledge of labor law and HR best practices.
- Takes ownership of their tasks and is able to work independently.
- Superior organization and planning skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Focus on accuracy and quality.
Compensation and Benefits
Yankee Leisure Group offers an excellent compensation and benefits package to include:
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunity
- Health insurance options for you and your dependents, if any, to include dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Discounted travel opportunities
- Quarterly social events with local team members
- Fun, vibrant, and exciting working environment
- Advancement opportunities for over-achievers
For immediate consideration of any position with YLG, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Yankee Leisure Group, Inc. | ATTN: Human Resources
500 Cummings Center, Suite 3100 | Beverly, MA 01915
Main: 978-922-0418 | Fax: 978-922-4819 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer.