Job title: Sr. Staff Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Location: Laguna Hills, California
The Senior Staff Accountant fulfills an integral reporting function in the Finance department. This role touches aspects of accounting from Journal Entries, Month-end Close, Monthly Account Reconciliations, Reporting, Year-end audits, Taxation, Operations assistance, and other duties as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform weekly reconciliations on multiple bank and credit card accounts, including foreign currency.
- Assist with month-end procedures for both domestic and foreign entities, to include journal entries, account analyses and reconciliations, and variance analysis.
- Prepare intercompany invoicing and reconciliations.
- Assist Controller and VP Finance with year-end audit procedures to include “prepared by client (PBC)” schedules, coordination with auditors, and account analysis.
- Prepare tax schedules as requested by CPA firm for completion of corporate taxes
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly financial reports as required internally as well as by various regulatory bodies.
- Assist with customer receipt processes as required during peak booking periods
- Assist with accounts payable processing during peak operational periods.
- Performs other administrative and operational duties as required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Must have advanced knowledge of MS Excel to include V-lookup, Pivot tables, filtering and advance search.
- Must have strong numerical aptitude; good verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong observation and analytical skills;
- Good organization skills with an attention to detail; ability to work independently, under pressure and effectively handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits
Yankee Leisure Group offers an excellent compensation and benefits package to include:
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunity
- Health insurance options for you and your dependents, if any, to include dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Discounted travel opportunities
- Quarterly social events with local team members
- Fun, vibrant and exciting working environment
- Advancement opportunities for over-achievers
For immediate consideration of any position with YLG, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Yankee Leisure Group, Inc. | ATTN: Human Resources
500 Cummings Center, Suite 3100 | Beverly, MA 01915
Main: 978-922-0418 | Fax: 978-922-4819 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer.